Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society For the Year 1887-88 (Classic Reprint)
Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society
For the Year 1887-88 (Classic Reprint)
Opis: Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society - Cn Nova Scotia Historical Society;
Excerpt from Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society: For the Year 1887-88
1. Manuscript statements and narratives of pioneer settlers, old letters and journals relative to the early history and settlement of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island, and the wars of 1776 and 1812; biographical notes of our pioneers and of eminent citizens deceased, and facts illustrative of our Indian tribes, their history, characteristics, sketches of their prominent chiefs, orators and warriors, together with contributions of Indian implements, dress, ornaments and curiosities.
2. Diaries, narratives and documents relative to the Loyalists, their expulsion from the old colonies and their settlement in the Maritime Provinces.
3. Files of newspapers, books, pamphlets, college catalogues, minutes of ecclesiastical conventions, associations, conferences and synods, and all other publications relating to this Province, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland.
4. Drawings and descriptions of our ancient mounds and fortifications, their size, representation and locality.
5. Information respecting articles of Pre-Historic Antiquities, especially implements of copper, stone, or ancient coin or other curiosities found in any of the Maritime Provinces, together with the locality and condition of their discovery. The contribution of all such articles to the cabinet of the society is most earnestly desired.
6. Indian geographical names of streams and localities with their signification and all information generally, respecting the condition, language and history of the Micmac, Malicetes and Bethucks.
7. Books of all kinds, especially such as relate to Canadian history, travels, and biography in general, and Lower Canada or Quebec in particular, family genealogies, old magazines, pamphlets, files of newspapers, maps, historical manuscripts, autographs of distinguished persons, coins, medals, paintings, portraits, statuary and engravings.
About the Publisher
Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com
This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
Szczegóły: Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society - Cn Nova Scotia Historical Society;
Tytuł: Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society
Podtytuł: For the Year 1887-88 (Classic Reprint)
Autor: Cn Nova Scotia Historical Society;
Wydawnictwo: FB &c Ltd
Rok wydania: 2015
Ilość stron: 160